The human body is really incredible. Having just had a baby and now breastfeeding, I can say it from personal experience. The way the female body is able to create new bones, a new heart, lungs, ears, eyes, muscles from something almost microscopic in incredible. I have a new respect for just how amazing it is.
Here are some other incredible things about your body:
- When a pregnant woman has the tissue of her heart damaged, it is helped to be repaired via stem cells from the fetus
- When you shout, your brain sort of turns down your hearing so you don’t deafen yourself
- When a mother kisses her baby, she ingests some of the microrganisms on the baby face which are used to make antibodies, which are then passed through the breastmilk
- When you get a sunburn, it isn’t actually your skin cells being damaged, it is the the skin cells DNA being damaged and killing themselves, so they don’t turn into cancer
- When you fingers go all prune like from too much time in water, that is your body shifting to grasp things better underwater
- Human beings do actually glow in the dark, but the light we emit is too weak for the human eye to detect.
- You can use lose up to 75% of your liver and grow it back to its full size
- Over long distances we can outrun most animals due to our ability to cool ourselves via breathing and sweating